Monday, April 08, 2013

Brushfires in Morris County near NJ Transit tracks

I wrote earlier today about week 2 of our spring fire season here in NJ where I wrote at the end of the article about a wildfire that is currently burning in Budd Lake NJ near a NJ Transit train line.

Here is a video from the Daily Record of one of the Ag Cats (either Alpha 3 or 4) making a drop.



direct link to video and link to latest Daily Record article on fire (includes a photo or two and the video).

As I was listening to the NJ Forest Fire Service Division A scanner feed at about 4:30 PM, I heard that the Air Tractor 602 (Air Tractor 602) was released from the Budd Lake Fire back to Coyle Field in Division B. I confirmed this with my friends from Downstown Aero, who told me that Alpha 3 & 4 (piston Ag-Cats) will continue on spot fires.

Just after Bravo 1 finished up and was starting to fly back to Coyle, I heard someone from Division A (perhaps an incident commander?) say to Bravo 1:

Bravo 1 it was a pleasure having you, thanks for helping us out.

To this, I can only say ditto, thanks for your help Bravo 1.


No comments: