Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Desiree Horton Helicopter Pilot

I would be remiss if I did not write about Desiree Horton. I first learned about Desiree back in 2008 or 2009 when I first starting blogging about aerial wildland firefighting. I believe that at that time she was flying a helicopter for the CBS news outlet in Los Angeles. A couple of years ago I did hear that was flying a helicopter for CAL FIRE, the first women helicopter pilot. I think, but am not certain, that she is still flying for CAL FIRE.  I hope that she is still flying for CAL FIRE. I enjoyed this October 2014 video report from CBS Los Angeles on Desiree Horton and I thought that you would as well.


Direct link to 2014 video report from CBS Los Angeles

Bill Gabbert of Fire Aviation wrote two articles about Desiree Horton that you may find here.

No comments: