Wednesday, January 04, 2017

History (1946) - forest fire protection in Ontario Canada

Thanks to my friends at the B-10 NJ Wildland Fire Page who have a weekly video page. I check out this page most every week and bookmark the videos. It was in going over these bookmarks just now, looking for an interesting video about aerial wildland firefighting that I found the video that I am going to share with you today.

This is a video from 1946, uploaded by Periscope Film, a short film distributed by Warner Brothers Pictures, directed by Van Campen Hellnerand. It was filmed with the cooperation of the Forest Protection Service of the Department of Lands and Forests, Ontario, Canada. For more information about this film you will want to go to the Direct link to Youtube for this video, and click on show more below the three lines introducing the description of this video. It is safe to say that I only know about this video through my friends at the B-10 NJ Wildland Fire Page, I don't think I would have found this video without their help. The folk at B-10 NJ Wildland Fire shared this video on their video of the week page in late November of 2016. Thank-you!!


Direct link to Youtube for this video

No comments: