Wednesday, April 29, 2015

NJ: spring wildfire season, April 29

As I write this about 4:45 PM EDT, I have been listening to the NJ Forest Fire Service Division A online scanner feed for just over an hour. It has been on the quiet side, but of course I may have missed something. Anyway, in an April 28th article, the Asbury Park Press reported on yesterday's (April 28th) enhanced fire danger, a small brush fire in Harvey Cedars yesterday, and the  marsh fire in Keyport on April 24th.  I spent about an hour or so yesterday afternoon listening to the NJ Forest Fire Service Division A online scanner feed, hearing of at least a couple of what I assumed were smaller brush fires, one of which was near the Hunterdon/Morris County line.

In Franklin Township, Hunterdon County, there was a mid-day brush fire of unknown size that came withing 200 feet of a house according to the Hunerdon County Democrat. In a later article (with a photo gallery, the Hunterdon County Democrat (April 29th at 1:59 PM) reported that this fire destroyed a small shed.

As I finish up here, I am hearing about two brush fires in Division A while listening to the NJ Forest Fire Service Division A online scanner feed. I believe that one is under an acre. I'm not sure about the size of the second brushfire, but I believe that it too is on the small side.

No comments: