Wednesday, June 13, 2007

At Heathrow

I ended up taking a car service to the airport. I know, it was expensive, but I decided to splurge, especially since the hotel was less expensive than I thought it would be. I got a chance to see more of London than I would have seen if I had taken the underground.

The first thing I did upon arriving at the airport was to get my bag wrapped, per advice from US government travel sites for people flying through Johannesburg, South Africa. My bag is through checked to Lilongwe and tagged for international travel so that I won't have to deal with my bags in Johanesgurg. Unfortunately,I was unable to get my boarding pass for the South African Airways flight from Johannesburg to Lilongwe, Malawi. The customer service rep. said that there is an arrangement between Virgin Atlantic and South African Airways that allows the other airline to provide the boarding pass for connecting flights. He wasn't sure why the computer system was not allowing this. He suggested that it might be due to the way my flight was booked. Or perhaps a computer glitch?

In any event, not much I can do about my boarding pass at the moment. South African Airways is in another terminal, and this airport is too large for me to even think about going back and forth between terminals. So I will ask my higher power to grant me the wisdom to accept the things that I can not change.

--Breathe--

2 comments:

PamW said...

I read your profile. Hehe, my favorite movie of all time is
"Out of Africa." Music is Cajun, Celtic, Gregorian Chants, Vivaldi, and lots of others, I love music.
Books, Anything by Chaim Potok, John Irving, All books about the History and Social Customs of England. So I just had to tell you my favorites also. :-)
I love the picture of the path through the trees, I like trees also. I like pine forests. I love to hear the wind in the pines. That's one of the things I miss about being in Ohio.
Oh well.
Make lots of new friends. And if you meat my friend Laurie Artress, she was a High School classmate, lives in San Francisco, and is an Episcopalian Minister. Let me know.
Hope the trip is moving right along.
Keep breathing.
Hugs,
Pam

Random Ramblings NJ said...

Pamela,

Don't think I know Laurie Artress and I promise to let you know if I ever do get a chance to meet her. You never know.

And I did make lots of new friends in Africa.

Tyler