Monday, June 11, 2007

In London

Well, I made it to London and am writing this from my west end hotel.

My flight took off about an hour late from Newark. Not surprising. Sometimes on these flights, we can make up time if the jet stream is favorable, it was not.

I enjoyed the flight, and the flight attendants were very attentive. My favorite part of the flight was playing the video units in back of the seat in front of me. I had never used one before. It was a lot of fun.

I did not get much sleep to speak of. I have a hard time sleeping upright, finally dozing off about one to two hours out of London.

We arrived at Heathrow over an hour late. I got through passport control in about 30 to 40 minutes, and then walked for what seemed like an eternity to get to the London underground for my trip into London. I took the Piccadilly line from Heathrow. There is a stop about two blocks from my hotel. I was glad for my trip into London 16 years ago. I successfully negotiated the underground by myself for part of the trip.

The hotel and the staff are nice. I suspect that they are used to seeing slightly dazed, bleary eyed Americans.

I am going to sign off and try to take a nap for a couple of hours before my friends come. We will go out to dinner somewhere close.

No comments: