Wednesday, June 13, 2007

London to Johannesburg to Lilongwe Malawi

I check out of my hotel shortly, and have four hours to kill before making the trek via the London Underground to Heathrow for my 8:30 PM Virgin Atlantic flight to Johannesburg, South Africa. Another overnight flight, this one for over 11 hours. I hope I am able to get a little shut eye on the plane.

I will arrive in Johannesburg South Africa at about 8:30 AM on June 14, if the plane is on time. The plan is that I will meet my fellow Malawi travelers for the first time at the departure gate for the South Africa Airways flight to Lilongwe, Malawi. This flight departs at 10:20 AM, and is scheduled to arrive in Lilongwe at 12:45 PM. Our driver, Luzu, will meet us at the airport and take us to our lodging. I will be staying at Wendels Guest Lodge in Lilongwe.

Wendels has wireless, so I hope to be able to make a post tomorrow afternoon before dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a new and fascinating way for me to share someone else's journey. (...and isn't that where the joy always is?) I look forward to more pictures and narrative and will be checking back soon and often.

p.s. how delightfully adventurous of you!

Random Ramblings NJ said...

jiffix,

Your post came at just the right time. If I recall, I saw your post shortly after I got to Wendels when I made my first post to my blog. It was so nice to see a note from a friend.

Thanks, friend.

Tyler